JUNIOR & SENIOR AUDITIONS
Audition Results are now available on the Registration Portal
Note: Registration must be completed by a SEMSBA music educator affiliated with a SEMSBA school. Individual registrations by parents or students is not permitted. If you would like to register for a SEMSBA audition, please contact your school director.
AUDITIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
School Codes & Passwords
School codes and passwords are the same as in previous years.
Directors: If you need assistance, please email the Auditions Coordinator.
2022-2023 Audition Lists
WIND & PERCUSSION
Important Registration Dates
December 6, 2022 - January 30, 2023
Late Registration Period
January 31 - February 2 2023 (Midnight)
Portal Closed For Registrations
February 2, 2023
February 4, 2023
Abington High School
February 6 - 13, 2023
(SEMSBA Manual pg. 29-30)
- Students in grades 9-12 may audition for Senior S.E.M.S.B.A.
- Students in grade 7-9 may audition for Junior S.E.M.S.B.A.
- Grade 9 students may audition for either Senior or Junior SEMSBA, but not both.
- A student who does not meet the criteria listed above may apply for permission to audition through their group director if there is a need for a particular instrument or voice, with the approval of the S.E.M.S.B.A. Executive Board. (e.g. 6th grade oboe or bassoon player)
- Limitations: No more than 5 of any wind or percussion instruments may audition from any one school. No more than 6 sopranos or 6 altos from one school may audition.
- Double auditions will be restricted to instruments.
- Students auditioning on voice cannot double audition on an instrument.
- Wind players may double audition on the following secondary instruments: trombone, baritone horn, French horn, tuba, oboe, bassoon, mallet percussion.
- Percussion may double audition on timpani, snare drum, and mallets. No triple auditions allowed. • String players may double audition on a string bass.
- Students must be registered on the day of auditions by a school staff member or a parent who has obtained a letter from their school principal indicating that the parent has been authorized to do so.
- Each school must have a music staff member or duly authorized chaperone on duty the entire time that school’s students are at the audition site.
- Students MAY NOT drive themselves to or from auditions.
- "Alternate" players for a festival will be contacted when a previously filled position becomes vacant if time and situation permit it to be done.
All AUDITION FEES must be paid before a student may audition. A school purchase order DOES NOT constitute payment.A student may audition if not registered by the deadline by paying the $20 registration fee and a $20 late charge for a total of $40. Late registration takes place at the registration table upon the school's arrival to the audition site. Any situation not covered by the constitution will be brought before the Executive Board for deliberation.